Monday, December 31, 2012

Sandy Hook and the Texas 231

Now I am not minimizing the deaths of the children in Sandy Hook. As I wrote previously my eyes will never dry, but I would like to point something out. A statistic, if you will. Twenty babies lost their lives. Now folks, I have stopped reading the reports, stopped looking at the pictures because frankly, I just can't take it! I am weak! To stare into to face of a six year old girl who was shot eleven times with an assault rifle is beyond my ability to accept.

But, I want to show you something, and after I do I'll assure you that you will never be the same. Twenty. Maybe one classroom. All babies, all dead. I have seen a mass shooting. I saw Luby's in Killeen, Texas. And people, it ain't like in the movies. If you ever see what a gun can do to an adult human body you will lose your soul. You will no longer be human because that is the most pungent imposition of PTSD you will ever see! Now, imagine its a child. I won't give you the details because honestly, you can't stand it. It will make you crazy.

But think about the number twenty. Now, imagine seven classrooms. All of the children in those rooms. Picture all of them laid out in the hallway covered with sheets. The total number would be 231. Suppose there was a daycare facility also so the ages range from six months to about eight years. Got that visualization? Ok, that's how many children were killed just this year while in foster care courtesy of the CPS!

And you rarely hear about it. When it does get reported the "department" quickly absolves itself, dodges phone calls and disappears. But that's a real number people. That's not Alex Jones conjuring up fictitious globalists firing up FEMA camps in the desert, or some gun nut screaming that SWAT teams are going to kick in your door for your grandpa's shot gun, that is a real number from a real report put out by the state of Texas.

When a madman storms into a school we are all shocked. We resolve to do something about guns, school security, mental illness, but ultimately we are not personally responsible for the event. But when we allow a criminal organization that we pay for with our tax dollars to murder over and over and over again we are responsible. Each and every one of us takes responsibility for every one of those 231 children. And I haven't seen anyone doing a press conference wiping a politically correct tear out of his eye.
By Wilbur

No comments:

Post a Comment