Sunday, July 22, 2012

It's a Dog's World


It’s a Dog’s World

            Before I venture into this article I would like to make clear that I love animals, particularly cats.  My best friend during my struggle with the CPS was a huge Tomcat I called “Gay Maurice.”  Don’t ask. He dominated the “hood” and slept on his own pillow in my bed. He met his match when he took on a Bobcat and I miss him greatly.

            That having been said, I have been made aware of a situation that is beyond comprehension, and certainly beyond common sense.  It seems there was this animal shelter, Spindletop to be precise, which was charged to care for certain dogs.  Well it seems that the caretakers of said refuge didn’t come up to the full measure of the duties they were charged with and said dogs ended up being abused.

            Enter the Montgomery County Animal Control people who whisked in there and rescued the animals, put up a website, and over 1800 people “liked” the page and rushed forward to save these poor, beat up dogs.  I’ve looked at the pages and there is a lot of chatter, talk, official statements by Constable Holifield, and pictures of the dogs.  One such statement read,  “Now the task is reuniting and rehoming animals has already begun. First will be the animals that are easily identified by a microchip number. Next will be animals whose owners or former owners can provide some proof of ownership and are identifiable by distinguishing marks, scars, etc. Before any other animal will be processed out to a Recognized Rescue Organization in good standing we will schedule for anyone wishing to tour the remaining animals to assist with closure should their animal not be part of the seized animals in the Emergency Shelter.”

            Pardon me while I wipe a tear from my eye.  They’re even going to help with “closure” in case their dog is among the lost. Grief Counseling. Then I was led to yet another case, something about a dog named “Cisco,” and the lead on the page read, “On April 14, 2012 Michael Paxton's best friend Cisco, an Australian Cattle Dog (Blue Heeler), was gunned down by an APD officer that responded to the wrong address of a domestic disturbance complaint.”  There is a picture of “Cisco,” staring forlorn into the camera, and there’s even a place where you can acquire bumper stickers reading “Justice for Cisco”  at https://www.facebook.com/JusticeForCisco for a modest cost of only $1.50.  100,000 hits in a week!

            Now let me show you a set of statistics.  I hate to crunch numbers because I think it minimizes the value of a child, but for this article it is needed.

6,663,942 children (0-17) in Texas
195,017 completed Child Protective Services investigations
65,948 confirmed victims of abuse or neglect
17,108 children removed from their homes to stop abuse or neglect
6,342 abused or neglected children awaiting adoption
                   231 children who died because of abuse or neglect

           
Now I’d like to direct you to another Facebook page, run by my good friend Mr. Jim Black.  It is a help  group for victims of CPS abuse called “Angel Eyes Over Texas.”  Less than 200 “likes” and/or members.  In all respect I ask you, have we lost our friggin minds?  I mean just reread the Constable’s statement, “First will be the animals that are easily identified by a microchip number. Next will be animals whose owners or former owners can provide some proof of ownership and are identifiable by distinguishing marks, scars, etc.”

The constable does have one thing going for him, which shows in his professionalism.  He is under an oath to protect animals in the state.  I must point out that CPS workers are not!  No oath, no micochip, no 100k “Likes” and 231 dead, I said DEAD children who were improperly placed or the case was so botched by CPS that they died! And I know from first hand experience that when a child dies, or as my grand daughter did, nearly dies from foster parent abuse the case worker will very quickly tell you, “The child had been placed in the care of the foster parent and CPS was not involved ‘at that tiiiiiiiime!”

Oh, it gets better.  I kid you not.  Check this out. During the same week for Cisco a woman was murdered and baby kidnapped. Upon recovery of the infant instead of simply returning the child to the father, CPS removed the rest of the kids and drug tested the dad. Man loses his wife, child is stolen, and when it is found there is no tear soaked reunion, the CPS went into full throttle to place the child into a system that is not as well run as the dog pound! 

This weekend the horrible events in Colorado have dominated the news.  I, myself, witnessed the Luby’s massacre when George Hennard killed a number of people there and my heart goes out to the families of those victims, but what do you think would happen if there were 231 dead children laid out in the parking lot?  The freaking Taliban doesn’t rack up such numbers with a suicide bomber.  Now relax, clear your mind and picture this. The average classroom is about 30 to 40 kids.  231 divided by 40 is about five or six classrooms.  The next time you go to your child’s school just take a stroll down the hall and walk past five or six classrooms.  Look at the kids.  Listen to them talk and laugh.  See their faces.  Now, imagine them all in the hall way stretched out DEAD!

That is what we are really dealing with people, unprofessional employees working for an organization that is not as regulated as a dog pound, killing or allowing to be killed children they have taken from parents with often no more evidence than their own imagined, “reason to believe.” And you wonder why I jump on the CPS as hard as I do. I won’t even talk to anyone in the CPS because I don’t talk to people I consider to be the scum of the earth.  The CPS worker will allow a child to die in foster care and very quickly cover his or her bureaucratic ass!  The death of the baby means nothing, the heartbreak of the family means nothing, only the next case, the next kidnapping, the next batch of federal funds because THAT worker was not involved “at that tiiiiiime,” and no worries boys and girls because that worker is not under any oath or moral compulsion to do the right thing and she has “reason to believe” it is lunch time. 

What does it take to wake you up?  I know what it takes. It takes that knock on the door.  It takes your child being loaded up in a non-descript white van.  It takes getting notified THREE DAYS after your child is in the hospital, near death in a diabetic coma because some ignorant, greedy foster parent didn’t feed her and she eventually passed out. This is what happened to my grand daughter, Puck!  Then you wake up.  Then you know.  Then you hate a hate that consumes you and on that day, my friends, you’ll know what to do. 

I pray this day never happens to you, but it will if you don’t wake up and at least pay as much attention to the children of Texas as you do to a bunch of dogs!  Children are not dogs folks.  They are our most valuable asset, and I will not put this fight down until I end the CPS as it exists today.  I will not stop until I am able to change the CPS into the Child Protective Services. 

1 comment:

  1. I asked Wilbur to do this piece because I felt I could not do it justice. I feel the he did. Thank you my friend.

    ReplyDelete