Tuesday, July 31, 2012

General Sam and the Oak Tree


I have began a focus campaign in my writing in an effort to consolidate and distribute more evenly. This is no way is an indication that I am putting down my fight against CPS. On the contrary. Jim Black had me begin to post on two blogs he has going a couple of weeks ago and I began to understand that I was not “in the trenches” any more as so many of us are, fighting day after day for the pure safety of our children and grandchildren. I began to define my role as a rally point, a revolutionary, if you will. Jim is much more versed than I am in the legal ins and outs of the Child Protection System. He answers the day to day issues that arise case by case. I, on the other hand, tend to attack the system as a whole, my ultimate goal is total revolution, and the destruction of the entire CPS system as we know it today.

Now, let's let sanity prevail here. In the end game I am not going to achieve all of my goals. I know that. But in any battle for decency there has to be someone like me, someone who is so far right that there is no doubt to where he stands. I stand in my corner, snarling and snapping, and the CPS used to look at me as so far “out there” that they had nothing to fear. Well, with case workers now going to jail, and judges beginning to understand that they, too, may be held accountable for their actions the tide is beginning to turn.

In the Texas Revolution at the battle of San Jacinto Santa Anna was captured trying to pretend to be a private. He was brought before General Sam Houston, who lay wounded beneath an oak tree. Little known historical tidbit is that in order to identify Santa Anna they pulled his pants off because it was widely known he had monogrammed silk undies. So there stood Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna in his BVD's, before General Sam and a bunch of fairly irritated Texicans who were all for stringing him up in the very tree General Sam was resting under. Houston shouted down the crowd and told them, “You would go for revenge, I want Texas!”

Well, Jim is General Sam, and I'm the leader of the crowd. In the final analysis he will be one of the men who will reconstruct the CPS, and his one of his strengths will be people like me and my followers standing there so he can point at us and ask the CPS, “How do you like them apples? We change this or I'm gonna turn them lose and see how that works out for you!”

The CPS sits in its ivory tower and looms over families in Texas like a bunch of vultures. The feel safe. They feel secure. They are arrogant. It is my job to make them see their own mortality. Nothing makes a tyrant more agreeable than knowing that their ass is on the line now. When the people have had enough they will rise up it can be terrible, and folks, the people will rise up in this fight of ours. I discuss with some very unsavory groups of people who I can't possibly get in the same room, but the one common denominator is a complete disdain for the CPS! No decent man or woman can have anything to do with them without a bad taste in their mouths.

Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

But, I have not gone anywhere. I'm still here, and I'm angrier than I've ever been and I'm not going to rest until Jim tells me, “Wilbur, we won.” Maybe on that day I'll be able to see my grandchildren again. Maybe Amy's little girl will get a horsey and maybe, finally, the children of Texas will be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment